Friday 9 June 2017

Village changes my life 5


PART 5

As soon as I got in the house I knew that something was different in the house I just knew it but couldn’t put my finger on it. As I was thinking about it my mother came to me and looked a little worried. She hugged me as she always but then instead of asking me how my day was she slowly whispered in my ear that,” Priya is here”.

 I looked at her eyes as I took the info in and then said,” so? Why are you tensed.” and quickly went in the living room to meet my dear sister as I had missed her so much in the past couple of months. As I went in I saw my dear elder sister sitting on the couch facing away from me mumbling about something I quickly realized that she was angry about something. I went behind her and called her name and she turned at me with a weird look on her face.

She got up and became even angrier after looking at me. She looked at my mother and angrily said to as mum came behind me,” what have you done to my little brother mum? Look at him he looks like a woman. How could you do such a thing mom? Was there no other way?

After the transformation and the first day of school and in the excitement of meeting my sister I completely forgot that I didn’t look anywhere near to the little brother that had left the big city and his sister to go to his village and thought that there is no way PRIYA knows anything about it but the angry questions that she hurled at mum made me aware that Priya knew about this more than me



My mother urged Priya to calm down and said she will explain everything and made us sit on the couch…she made me sit next to her and Priya sat in front of us. And mum started to speak, “Yes Priya Avni looks like a woman because she is one and no there was no other way it had to be done and yes even Mayur had to be transformed because the priestess chose him and I couldn’t just say no to the priestess could I? 

Also this was done to serve a greater purpose and you can’t choose to back away when you’re expected to serve your purpose.”

 Mother went on to explain how this was necessary to be done and Priya finally seemed to calm down and actually understand that this had to be done.

As mother stopped talking and there was silence in the room for a moment I just had to ask mum how come Priya knows about this transformation? 

Mum explained that all the women from our village know this and remembered that day no matter what because we need to know that women are important and have to do everything in our power to improve our condition in this society. Mother took a pause to drink the water from the glass and then she smiled and looked at Priya and said,” But yes there is one thing that even Priya doesn’t know.”

Intrigued Priya looked at mum and asked what it is. Mum replied,” your brother still retains his consciousness inside his new body”

My sister looked at me with a shocked look and quickly hugged me tightly. She asked mom how did it happen while still hugging me. Mum replied that it had something to do with Mayur’s heart being good and caring which made the goddess not alter his mind.

Priya looked in my eyes and asked, “Really Mayur are you still in there?”

I replied with a simple yes while blushing at her. She than explained that she was happy to hear this because she loved her little brother more than anything and didn’t want to loose him for a woman zombie she didn’t even know. 

I found that really funny and we both giggled as I acted like a zombie while razing my arms and saying ,”brainsss brainsss”.

Priya looked at me lovingly and said ,”I could get used to having a baby sister” and we hugged again.

As we sat there talking about different things forgetting about everything else. We noticed how the time flew by and it was almost time for dinner and we heard our own tummies gurgle in hunger and as if on queue our mother called out to come for dinner we gain looked at each other and giggled our way to the kitchen. 

As we had lunch there was normal chit chat as even father had come back and delighted to see Priya back and we chatted on for a while. As we were eating suddenly mum asked me,” Avani tell us how was your first day back at school”.

I just said it was good and changed the topic quickly. But I saw that nor Priya nor Mum looked convinced with my answer I knew that I would have to explain to the them details of my day pretty soon. But then decided to just enjoy the dinner and lovely company of my family.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely...superb..
    Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. Yes I am writing this as fast as i can... really exicited to write more

      Delete