Wednesday 27 December 2017

Xbox and the Chronicles of the slow internet

It happened again my internet is down again, this has soo many times now that it doesn’t even frustrate me anymore it just makes me want to bury my face in a pillow and scream hehe…

So I guess everyone knows that I am a avid gamer and just love to play video games, and some of my close friends will tell you that I can talk about video games for far too long. Coming from a middle class family it has always been my dream to own an actual console and this dream did come true, and I ordered a new xbox one s, and I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on it, although I still had to wait for it for 4 days ,as it was gonna arrive on the 28th December, (side note: what is with these online retail store over estimating the delivery date of the package, it although delights me when I get my new pink thong panties 2 days earlier, but it also makes my heart stop (being a closet crossdresser)whenever my mumma calls from the outside that there is a package for me! And asks me what is in the package !!!!!!) , I digress so anyway me and my family had made plans to have a get together on the 25th December.

For which I left on the morning of 25th, as I was about to leave the city and was at the city limits I got a call from non-other than the delivery guy asking for directions to my house (side note/question again(there are going to be a lot of these hehe) : do you gals ever hope that the delivery guy is cute looking cause I always do…I take extra time to look for the money hehe).

As soon as I heard him say that my package had arrived I almost made a U-turn on the highway luckily I car came fitted with anti-stupid which saved my life lol(I didn’t…DRIVE SAFE KIDS!!!ALWAYS WEAR THE SEATBEALTS). Unfortunately with a heavy heart I had to reschedule the delivery to the next day when I would be returning. I still enjoyed the get together with all my awesome aunts, they are such good role models for little girls, you should meet them someday hehe.
Anyway reached home late in the night at about 1 in the night ,only to find out the f-ing internet was down…I screams must have woken up every sleeping dog in the block, such high was my pitch that only the dogs could hear me). 

And all the people who own a console know how much of a data whores are these consoles, so all hopes of my playing the video game for the first day were dashed in an instant.

The next day it was about 9:19 when I was making something special for you guys *wink wink nudge nudge… when I get a call from ekart Rahul!...Yes Rahul was the delivery guy! Asking me for the directions again…judging by his voice Rahul seemed to be young and potentially cute too… and he had promised to me that he will safely bring my xbox to me before 11am..(my knight in the shinning helmet on a splender arrived on literally and I am not even kidding 10:55 AM.


Anyway yes Rahul is cute and if anyone wants him they can have him(he had like brown eyes and his nose had a small nose…maybe his lips could use a little work).Rahul was wearing one of those puffy sweater so I don’t know what kind of body he has,but he certainly wasn’t fat like me that for sure.
Paying Rahul the money I took my 4 and half kg bundle of joy inside my house and started to unbox it.
Do you guys wanna see an unboxing of my xbox? Well…. you know what’s the first thing to do if you ever invent a time machine. I ripped the flipkart packaging to shreds with my trusty ol’knife.BTW everyone should a multipurpose knife with them they are so useful..I have one of those swiz army knives…which even has jute sack needle swear in it…who needs that!!!..
Looking at the white box I was almost in tears lol… I opened the box with the knife and dug in the box...carefully removed everything as my mother sat next to me popping the bubble wrap bubbles.
As I completed a little photo session with my baby xbox.. I went to put the it on the counter to connect it to the power supply and guess what happened…stop reading and think what must have happened…..

What did you think?...if you thought the light went out you are hundred percent correct. THE FREAKING LIGHTS WENT OUT!!!!!!. OMG I mean WTF …why does all of this only happen to me!...i almost cried looking at the tv’s led go off…

I had to almost wait for almost an hour for the lights to come back, just staring at the box and controller. It was 1 in the noon the lights came back, I jumped up to start the xbox.
Connecting the xbox to the tv I sat next to the tv and waited for it to load up, For all the non-console peasants out there. Do you know what’s the first thing the console does as it loads up?
.
.
.
DOWNLOAD A 2GB software file!!!!!! And if you weren’t asleep in the beginning of this post…my “high speed “bsnl internet was down, and all I was left was with half dead jio sim which even took a minute to load google. So that’s what I did…I downloaded the 2gb file using jio, it was 26 percent when the jio started to annoy me by saying that the I gb daily limit has been reached and fuck you! In two different languages...
.

.
.
But then drum rolls…..a ray of hope appeared…as the modem started to show signs of life…
Yup it was up again!... I quickly restarted the xbox, connected it to my wifi and soon in about 5 minutes it was up and running…

BUT…… then there was the games that needed to be downloaded…
The first game I purchased was the assassin’s creed it was 44.68GB….so that’s that…

I strapped in…and just sat there…you won’t believe what excitement can make you do…cause I saw a the freaking “Heropanti” movie and “commando 2”(commando2 has actually some good sequences in the climax. Maybe check it out) just cause I didn’t want to leave the xbox alone.
It was 11 PM when I decided to just sleep and wake up the next day to play.

It was 1 am in the night when I woke up and thought that all of this was a dream and I never got the xbox…it was so disappointing…but then I woke up a little more and realised that everything was real and the box was in the living room. And ran to it, started the tv and behold…the game had downloaded and ready to be played.

So at 1 in the night I realised my 12-year-old dream of owning a console to play video games...
.
.
..
That’s where I will stop the story…
PS: I don’t know dada if you ever see this, I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, I love you soooo much. If only I could be your sister to show you how much I love you hehe…





No comments:

Post a Comment